Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sticking to it

I am thinking to find something interesting to do in the future. One of them is doing contributions for the opensource project. To be honest, the experience of GSOC'08 was very memorable as I learned many useful things from the organization and the most important thing was, I got paid to do something that I really really love. As it's not possible to do something that I "really" love from 9 AM to 5 PM, perhaps to explore the interesting projects in open source world (outside the office hours) is the best solution for now. I keep talking to myself that I can make "something" from "something" that I love and I'm still sticking to it.

Another thing that I've done in the last several days was browsing through the SIGIR, WSDM, CIKM conferences and looking for interesting research papers. It's always fun to see how the researchers, computer scientists make something that doesn't exist to be exist, something that seems impossible to be possible. Implicit message: a dream to pursue PhD. It's not a dream actually, but it's a bit more like a plan that cannot be executed now because of my circumstances. But, I'm still sticking to it. Who knows, in the next 2 years it's possible for me to continue PhD.


Hi, I'm Samuel Louvan, and I'm still sticking to my hopes. How about you?

2 comments:

Miss Ingu said...

Hi, I'm Elfira Yolanda, I'm sticking to my hopes and I surely hope you have a wonderful journey to get your phD!

Unknown said...

"Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue...but if you can you should only do things you love" (Bruce Dickinson, Iron Maiden vocalist)